Sunday, May 9, 2010

SUNSHINE!!

Come summers and I try to ditch my favorite black and opt for more bright and vibrant colours. Plus lately I have felt a little dull with the monotonous dark shades so yeah why not get a whole new favorite colour right?? So I made it my short-term mission to find a new colour to obsess with.. My hunt led me to this shoe store when this amazing yellow gladiator heels caught my eye. It was truly a work of art (Due to the strict no picture policy I couldn't take a picture of it). What struck me most I think was that I knew it was the colouring which did the trick and made it soooo amazing. Had it been in blue or pinks I wouldn't have been so impressed I am sure. Thats when yellow found itself a fan; moi. 


It started happening to me again. I started hunting for more yellow pieces. I discovered that yellow belts look so amazing with whites and greys. I also found these glam strapless sequined yellow dresses from AND (Anita dongre).

These are some of the photos that I found online and I simply loved the styles.



[caption id="attachment_197" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="Image via dripbook.com"][/caption]

  Yellow is a very bright colour so we really have to keep in mind our skin tones and how much of it we are wearing. For instance if I want to wear a yellow dress, I would choose a dress in light lemony shades and stay away from anything which is too bright or fluorescent. The shade of the dress in the above picture is just right for a lunch date or an evening out. You don't want people to wear glares when they are looking at you right?? 


   



 If you aren't too comfortable sporting this colour, you can always go for smaller pieces like yellow shoes, hairbands, earings, bracelets, belts etc. You can brighten your outfits like white shirts and skinny jeans by adding a yellow belt or a pair of yellow heels or a yellow clutch to it. 


Disclaimer: All image use is non-commerical, for the purpose of commentary only. Images do not belong to us except where we took or created them ourselves. Images are always credited to their original source, and we will remove them at the owner’s request.



 

10 comments:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Synjini nandi. Synjini nandi said: Come summers and I try to ditch my favorite black and opt for more bright and vibrant colours. http://wp.me/sMO8Q-sunshine [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have built a website and I was thinking of changing the template.I got some ideas from here! You could visit my website and tell me your opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing information that is actually helpful. Good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. would love to constantly get updated outstanding blog ! .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I discovered your website via Bing while looking for first aid for a heart attack and your post seems very appealing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my 1st time i go to below. I found so countless intriguing stuff inside your internet site specifically its discussion. From the tons of comments on your content articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment below! continue to keep up the superb be effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic blog post.Really thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very effectively written information. It will be useful to anyone who usess it, together with myself. Sustain the good work – for positive i will try more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice!! Great Ifo. Great People. Great Blog. Thank you for all the great sharing that is being done here

    ReplyDelete
  10. A thoughtful insight and ideas I will use on my blog. You’ve obviously spent a lot of time on this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete