Sunday, May 16, 2010

HAIR DRESSING

According to a recent survey, it seems those people who are more stressed are more adept to changing their hairstyles more often... Well going through the history of my hair style changing rituals, I wished they would have mentioned the figures as well..But common I mean it's totally so hot in Mumbai that it feels like I been baked in an oven.. I think heat is a cause of stress for me so the other day I made a list of some of the best places to get a haircut in Mumbai and since i am a very generous soul I will share it with you..

1. Vanessa's hair Disturbia

Store Location: RNA Complex,Lokhandwala, Andheri West

She is just 27 years but has an experience of around 11 years. She is quite talented and is opposed to the blow drying of hair daily which is perfect since most of the hair dressers focus on just styling your hair with ample beauty products rather than giving your hair a proper cut. She works on the actual shape and texture of your hair which i think is superb.

Charges : Rs 550 including hair wash

2. Lakme

Store location: Waterfield Road, Bandra West

I used to get my hair cuts from a hairstylist called Gulzar here. He was my favorite and has an idea about whats really trendy and in fashion. I love the way he used to style my fringes and bangs. I don't have any idea about the other stylist there.

Charges: Rs 700 for a haircut including a hair wash

3. Mad o Wot by Sapna Bhavani

Store Location: Hemkund Villa, 14th road, Bandra West

Who doesn't know the celebrity stylist Sapna Bhavani? From cutting her own hair to such a big name, she has done it all. Her clients include Bipasha basu, dhoni, priyanka, hrithik... The list is endless. Her parlour sees a mix of both the worlds. If you are an experimental person and love to live life on the edge, quirky, funky; she is your saviour!!

4. Juice salon

Store Location: Ground Floor, Grace Classic, Ahimsa Marg,off Khar danda

                                 Shop No 2, Chetak Society, Pali Hill, Bandra

                                Royal Terrace, 4B, Wodehouse Road, Near Charagh Din showroom, Colaba

                               Inorbit Mall, Plot no 39/1, Shop num G19, Ground floor, Sector 30A, Vashi, New Mumbai

Its one of the oldest salons in Mumbai. It was started in 1998 and since then has become a fashion house for the hair. If you want to get a whole new look complete with extensions and hair colours, then this is the place for you.

Charges: Rs. 500-Rs 1800 for a haircut with hair wash

5. Nalini and yasmin

Store Location: Om heera Panna mall, 3rd floor, Off Andheri Link Road,Andheri west

                                  39, Sun n Sand hotel, Juhu Beach, Juhu

                                  201/202,Sagar Fortune, 2nd floor, Waterfield road,Bandra West

It's a pioneer in professional hairdressing. The salon was established as a brand itself and has been around for 3 decades.

16 comments:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Synjini nandi. Synjini nandi said: According to a recent survey, it seems those people who are more stressed are more adept to changing... http://wp.me/pMO8Q-3w [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Whenever I visit Bombay, I am surely gonna ask you for some shopping advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my blog so i came to "return the favour".I am trying to find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year 2011! Yo, a fantastic article man. Thank you However I’m having problem with your RSS feed. Don't know why Fail to subscribe to it. Is there anybody having identical rss feed issue? Anybody who knows kindly respond. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not that I know of but i will surely look into it. Till then stay connected :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting, and yeah please go ahead and get inspired
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey - great weblog, just looking around some weblogs, seems a pretty wonderful platform you are using. I'm currently using Drupal for a few of my sites but looking to modify one of them over to a platform very much the same to yours as a trial run. Anything in particular you would suggest about it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. well as you can see I have been using wordpress and I would recommend the same to you too. Also the themes are excellent and gives you loads of options to customize it. The header as well as the background has been created by me in photoshop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really enjoyed this blog post.Really thank you! Great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven’t checked in here for a while since I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are great quality so I guess I’ll add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again for the blog post.Really thank you! Much obliged.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post. Gonna tweet and bookmark it. Hope it gets you some more exposure. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting, but I don't think it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a neat article! I agree with your article. Good task once more, and I hope you have a superb day!

    ReplyDelete