Friday, June 8, 2012

A Day in The Sun !!

So I know  its June, and Summer is on its way out but for better or for worse, Mumbai has no definite climate set so I get to pick out some gorgeous stuff which would make Summer seems less hot if you know what I mean. Of course this is my guilt making excuses for not blogging for such a long time and missing the spring and the Summer Fashion altogether but this is my blog so I could afford to take a breather and blog my way into a new season.. I know I have a lot of catching up to do and so do you; So here we go !!

Currently I am swooning over one trend that has been forever (for the creative types) and still gets reinvented every season; I am talking about color blocking!! This trend is huge on the runaways and off it too and why not since its very do-able and all it takes is having fun with your imagination. The most remarkable thing about this trend is how you can customize the look accordingly. The 'it' colors of the season are bright fuchsia, turquoise, mint greens, neon yellows and pale reds. For a bold look you can mix and match any two colors from the opposite side of the color palette to avoid looking like the Sun yourself. In order to play safe, you can mix a lighter shade with a more luminous one..think a pale lilac blouse paired with a bright turquoise.

[caption id="attachment_407" align="aligncenter" width="500"]Celeb-ColorBlocking-2012 Celeb-ColorBlocking-2012[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_409" align="aligncenter" width="197"]Celeb-ColorBlocking-2012 Celeb-ColorBlocking-2012[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_410" align="aligncenter" width="243"]Color blocking on runway Color blocking on runway[/caption]



If you are a novice then the best way to start is to color block your accessories with your outfit such as shoes and bags which help make the maximum impact. Another way to incorporate color-blocking is through your make-up.., think gorgeous lime green eyes with a nude lip gloss and porcelain skin. What you can achieve is just sheer art!!

No comments:

Post a Comment