Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Scarf dresses and beaches!!

[caption id="attachment_61" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Image from flickr.com"][/caption]

So the last time I was writing about beaches and sands and underwater palette and the next thing I knew I was in goa... No kidding. I guess the earlier blog was a premonition. Anyways so I found myself in this beautiful beach paradise (no it’s not too much to call it paradise; anyplace having so many beaches qualifies for me). I found it the same as always; the tourists milling about, the foreigners not getting enough of the sun (which felt pretty harsh and made me want to sprint back to my hotel room), the clubs and then yeah here was something new finally… mushrooming of shopping stalls… everywhere from the calangute beach to baga. My heart gave a leap. Loads of stuff and not the usual shorts and wrap skirts which were previously found in droves… Loads of cute cotton dresses in different colours were all lined up along with spaghetti tops. But the scarf dresses were the best. Made of satin, they came in an array of colours which looked very pretty and I actually had to stop my urge to buy one in every colour. They had asymmetrical hemlines which are very much in this season. They look very boho chic and can be worn for clubbing and parties, when you aren’t sipping cocktails in the sun. Also same in halters were also available. Perfect for Mumbai as you can dress them up with a pair of skinny jeans and some beads and this will serve as a perfect Friday night ensemble but the best thing that will make that outfit more amazing is the tan. Also displayed were the kaftans which the girls had sported with a pair of gladiators or boots which looked very inspired and fresh. Hippie meets urban style... Cool hats with bows were also available as was jewellery in the form of beaded neck pieces and very colourful chunky bangles. Also satin jumpsuits and harem pants were seen in the Anjuna beach markets. Very new...

I couldn’t help wondering how the city dressing is so very different. Being in goa was like getting a healthy dose of fashion in itself. Everywhere the girls exhibited a flare for dressing very uniquely… a big thumbs up to subtle makeup, tanned legs and short dresses.

The best part of shopping here is that the price ranges from 150-200 at the most for amazing pieces. I would suggest that the next time anyone goes to goa, please don’t pack loads of clothes… Just go for shopping there and you will end up with a whole new wardrobe and ready to holiday in style.

Too bad that I couldn’t take too many pictures as blogging was the last thing on my mind with all these wonderful things staring at me…

Disclaimer: All image use is non-commerical, for the purpose of commentary only. Images do not belong to us except where we took or created them ourselves. Images are always credited to their original source, and we will remove them at the owner's request.

18 comments:

  1. Wow this was a great post.. I' m enjoying it.. good resource

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys, excellent site, Thank you very much for that information I truly appreciate it!!
    Enjoyed it, i thought this was such an excellent post. We have just bookmarked your web blog. and also I sent the url to a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post has been referred in a forum as a good read with regards to the subject. Im glad I stopped by. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your site has been referred to me by my friend to get more information on such subject. Very good read I think. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your theme. Will be checking it out to see if I can use the same for my site. Very interesting site as well you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting posts on your site. I keep on coming back to learn more. I have bookmarked it as well for future reference. I hope you dont mind at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your site has been referred to me by my friend to get more information on such subject. Very good read I think. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy coming back to your blog. I stumbled on it when I was searching in yahoo. Your information has helped me tremendously. It was exactly what I have been looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks you. I hope You continue doing so in future.. and if you want me to write on any topic just let m know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2. Great information over again! Thank you=)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really enjoyed this article.Really looking forward to read more. Want more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this blog very much so much great info .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been searching for this for a long time, finally found it, thanks
    http://fanniva97.babbleedition.info/uncategorized/finest-balance-transfer-credit-cards-choosing-the-most-beneficial-terms/

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nice publish, i actually love this web site, keep on it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty good article. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete